I am sure you have got into some problems with Outlook add-ins regardless what version of MS Outlook you have used. From time to time we can encounter applications that are not fully supported or just do not work very well with Outlook and they are causing issues such as getting errors or slowing down opening of Outlook or crashing Outlook as it is.
Here are steps for each of the versions – how to disable the add-in plugins for Outlook.
- Open Outlook
- Go to toolbar and in left upper corner click on FILE > Select Options
Under Options – click Addins and now you are able to disable or add new Add-in for your Outlook 2010
Outlook Add-Ins 1
Once you have disabled the unwanted Add-ins, do not forget to restart your Outlook to apply the change
In Outlook 2003 are actually 2 places where you can view and disable any installed Add-Ins
- Navigate to Toolbar in Outlook and click on TOOLS
- Click Other > Advanced Options > COM Add-Ins
- Now you can uncheck and disable all unwanted or causing trouble add-ins for your Outlook 2003
Another place to do this in Registry – I do not recommend to go this way unless you know what you are doing and you feel comfortable enough to navigate through registry keys and modify them .
- Click on START > RUN and type Regedit
- Press ENTER and Registry window will open
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOfficeOutlookAdd-ins
- Look all sub keys for Add-ins you have installed
- Select the one you want to disable and set it to “LoadBehavior” key to “2“
- Close the registry editor
- Disabling Add-ins in Outlook 2007
- Click on Tools on toolbar
- Select Trust Center
- Click on the Add-ins
- Now you can review all installed Add-ins in your Outlook 2007 and disable the ones that causing trouble
Microsoft KB – Outlook Solution Center – all info how to start, use and troubleshoot this application – Link Here