Centrify Suite 2012 Update 5 (Suite 2012.5) adds additional platform support, addresses bug fixes, and improves the Deployment Manager component by writing the working data set to /var rather than /tmp. In addition to the updated Red Hat platform support, the main addition to this release is the updated Deployment Manager. Note that the Express version of Deployment Manager is called “DirectManage Express.” You may download this version of DirectManage Express directly here.
Here is a summary of the updates:
Deployment Manager ( 2.1.5 )
- Added support for discovery as well as installation and upgrade of Centrify product suite for new OS platforms
- Deployment Manager has historically written working data to /tmp. This version of Deployment Manager uses /var/centrifydm for its working data. This mitigates the potential for a rogue user to attack the system via /tmp (since /tmp is world-writable). This version is backward compatible with all versions of Centrify Suite 2010-2012. Note that this change requires that a privileged user run Deployment Manager in order to perform discovery, and if a jump-box is used, it will require a privileged account.
Centrify DirectControl Console ( for Mac customers ) ( 5.0.5 )
- Added Group Policies for Mac 0S/X 10.8. See the Group Policy Guide for details.
Centrify DirectControl / DirectAuthorize ( 5.0.5 )
- Note that only Red Hat packages are updated in this release. The Debian packages in 5.0.2 are verified to work with Ubuntu 12.10 and Linux Mint 13 and 14. All other packages are identical to DirectControl 5.0.4.
- Added support for the following operating systems:
- Fedora 18 (32- and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 (32- and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6.3 (32- and 64-bit)
- CentOS 5.8, 6.3 (32- and 64-bit)
- Scientific Linux 5.8, 6.3 (32- and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu Desktop 12.10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu Server 12.10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Linux Mint 13, 14 (32- and 64-bit)
The updated Deployment Manager is the key change for DirectControl Suite 2012.5. The other Centrify Suite products have not been updated since the previous Suite (2012.2 and 2012.3 ( for Mac ) ).