Features of Whoogle:
- No ads or sponsored content.
- No cookies.
- No tracking/linking of your personal IP address.
- No AMP links.
- No URL tracking tags (i.e. utm=%s).
- No referrer header.
- POST request search queries (when possible).
- View images at full res without site redirect (currently mobile only).
- Dark mode option.
- Randomly generated User Agent.
- Easy to install/deploy.
- Optional location-based searching (i.e. results near <city>).
Steps to deploy this in Docker on your Synology NAS are really simple:
- No need to create any folder
- Open Control Panel -> Task Scheduler -> click on Create
- Click on Scheduled task -> User-defined script
- General Tab – select user as a root, name it whoogle and uncheck the box
- Skip Schedule tab
- Task Settings -> enter email if you want received alerts (need to be configured on NAS)
- Copy and paste the code
docker run -d --name=whoogle \
-p 5105:5000 \
-e WHOOGLE_USER=John \
-e WHOOGLE_PASS=12345 \
--restart always \
Please make sure you use your own USER NAME and PASSWORD in the Docker file – you will need it once the Docker is up and running.
Once you deploy it, wait for a few seconds before you go to your http://[YOUR-NAS-IP]:5105
Enter the credentials you have used in Docker file and you are set.
Happy Whoogling !