Here is how to setup you laptop with a closed lid and external monitor. In my case I got a big external monitor as I really needed a large screen with good resolution so I can do my work. In order to save a space on my work desk, I wanted to used ONLY the external screen and have my laptop behind a monitor with closed lid.
Here are all the steps how to set it up with Windows 10.
- Open a window on your Windows 10
- in the bar type : Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options
- on left side click on: Choose what closing the lid does
- In the “When I close the lid” options row, select Do nothing from the dropdown menu under the “On battery” column
- Also select Do nothing from the dropdown menu under the “Plugged in” column
- At the bottom of the page, select Save changes