Preventing viewers from downloading a [easyazon_link identifier=”1939924316″ locale=”US” tag=”wn0d5-20″] Google Drive [/easyazon_link]file has been a highly requested feature for a long time now. We are sharing documents among us at work or friends and sometimes you want make sure that some documents are not going to end up at wrong email address or somewhere on the Internet or simply you do not want users to copy the documents or print.
- Open up the Drive file you wish to secure
- Click Share button on the top right of the page and click Advanced Settings
- Type emails of users you wish to share the document with and change permissions to “Can View” or “Can Comment“
- Under Owner Settings check the box that says Disable options to download print and copy for the commenters and viewers
- Click Save Changes and then share
Once the document is received by the users, they will have not available options for copy, print or save the document – it will be all grey out for them.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B0026OR36C” locale=”US” src=”http://blog.technotesdesk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/41Lk5g4eSyL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”wn0d5-20″ width=”122″]