I am sure that I am not alone who is searching for some sort of reader for [easyazon-link asin=”1449381952″ locale=”us”] Microsoft Project [/easyazon-link] files. Microsoft never made a reader for this application. You can find reader for standard Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Visio but no reader exist for [easyazon-link asin=”0735626871″ locale=”us”] Microsoft® Project [/easyazon-link].
I was very please when I found in Google Chrome web store FREE add-on – application called Gantter. This is completely FREE and cloud base app that you can use with your Google Chrome browser and Google Drive. It allows you to import and save project files in Google Drive and you can now open and edit Microsoft Project files without Project being installed on the machine.
Whether you are planning a complex project like a large construction project, rolling out a new website, managing a big IT project, or simply planning your next home renovation, Gantter is the tool for you. Gantter provides a gallery of project templates that help you build your schedule in a fraction of the time it would take if you were starting from scratch.
So far the app works really well and it is very flexible and I am sure everyone will find this tool very useful. However what I do not like and you should pay attention is really wild request for permissions. The app is asking to have access almost to everything and that could be potential issues. As far as I know and seen on the forum, developer will need to adjust little a bit on this part. Over all the application is great.
Some of the permissions that Gantter is requesting:
- View basic information about your account
- View your name, public profile URL, and photo
- View your gender and birthdate
- View your country, language, and timezone
- View and manage any of your documents and files in [easyazon-link asin=”B00A27KG5K” locale=”us”]Google Drive[/easyazon-link]
- List and search all of your documents and files in Google Drive
- Download any of your documents and files in Google Drive
- Create, move, copy, edit, or delete any of your documents and files in Google Drive
- Share or unshare any of your documents and files in Google Drive
- View your email address
- View the email address associated with your account
- View and manage Google Drive files that you have opened or created with this app
- Manage your spreadsheets
[easyazon-image align=”none” asin=”1449381952″ locale=”us” height=”160″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41k5iFsXgvL._SL160_.jpg” width=”122″]