I am using Microsoft CRM Dynamics 2011 in cloud. In order to use the CRM from Outlook on computers you should install the CRM Outlook client. You can download it once you log on to your CRM online, upon sign up you should see the yellow bar on top of the screen that reminds you to download and install your CRM client for Outlook.
The client installation is very straight forward:
- Download the CRM client for Outlook on your computer
- Close Outlook and start the installation
- It will take good 10-15 minutes as it will download all required parts for the software
- Once installed, open Outlook and in Outlook 2007 you will see in left upper corner CRM icon or in Outlook 2010 – new CRM tab
You click on the CRM icon/tab and click the CRM Configuration wizard, you will be ask to enter your CRM credentials and most times you will get this error message:
I have seen this with both versions of Outlook. The fix for the issue is very simple.
- make sure you log on to http://www.live.com with the LiveID credentials and your email is verified
- If the LiveID and email are verified you should not see upon sign up reminder and you are able to click on Inbox and see emails
- If they are not verified, you will see a reminder to send verification email, send it, wait for the email and click on the verification link
- you should download Microsoft Sign-in Assistant – here is the LINK
- once you completed both steps – installed the Assistant and verified your email .. try to run the CRM Configuration wizard again .. it should now connect and complete configuration of the Microsoft CRM client for Outlook without errors.
Some Microsoft CRM resources for your use:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook Installing Guide
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook Quick Start Guide
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 User’s Guide
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Administrator’s Guide
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Resource Center – Video guides