Another great book added into my library – Team Foundation Server 2012 – published in December 2012.
Team Foundation Server 2012 is Microsoft’s leading ALM tool, integrating source control, work item and process handling, build automation, and testing.
This practical “Team Foundation Server 2012 Starter Guide” will provide you with clear step-by-step exercises covering all major aspects of the product. This is essential reading for anyone wishing to set up, organize, and use TFS server. This hands-on guide looks at the top features in Team Foundation Server 2012, starting with a quick installation guide and then moving into using it for your software development projects. Manage your team projects with Team Explorer, one of the many new features for 2012.
Covering all the main features in source control to help you work more efficiently, including tools for branching and merging, we will delve into the Agile Planning Tools for planning your product and sprint backlogs.
Learn to set up build automation, allowing your team to become faster, more streamlined, and ultimately more productive with this “Team Foundation Server 2012 Starter Guide”.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Team Foundation Server 2012 on premise
- Access TFS Services in the cloud
- Quickly get started with a new project with product backlogs, source control, and build automation
- Work efficiently with source control using the top features
- Understand how the tools for branching and merging in TFS 2012 help you isolate work and teams
- Learn about the existing process templates, such as Visual Studio Scrum 2.0
- Manage your product and sprint backlogs using the Agile planning toolsApproach
- This Starter guide is a short, sharp introduction to Team Foundation Server 2012, covering everything you need to get up and running.
If you are a developer, project lead, tester, or IT administrator working with Team Foundation Server 2012 this guide will get you up to speed quickly and with minimal effort.
Paperback: 72 pages
Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2012)