I have just noticed that new book has been released – Resilience and Reliability on AWS. Book is published by O’Reilly Media and available online. I just got the book today and it is very interesting book.
Cloud services are just as susceptible to network outages as any other platform. This concise book shows you how to prepare for potentially devastating interruptions by building your own resilient and reliable applications in the public cloud. Guided by engineers from 9apps-an independent provider of Amazon Web Services and Eucalyptus cloud solutions-you’ll learn how to combine AWS with open source tools such asPostgreSQL, MongoDB, andRedis.
- Build cloud applications with the “rip, mix, and burn” approach
- Get a crash course on Amazon Web Services
- Learn the top ten tips for surviving outages in the cloud
- Use elasticsearch to build a dependable NoSQL data store
- Combine AWS and PostgreSQL to build an RDBMS that scales well
- Create a highly available document database with MongoDB Replica Set and SimpleDB
- Augment Redis with AWS to provide backup/restore, failover, and monitoring capabilities
- Work with Amazon CloudFront and Route 53 to safeguard global content delivery