FINALLY ! Microsoft has announced few days back an updated version of its Outlookfor Mac software with an updated design and performance improvements. The new version of email, calendar, and contacts app from Microsoft is available through the company’s Office 365 subscription service, and Microsoft says it offers a more consistent experience with the iPhone/iPad versions. So if you have current Office 365 subscription you will now notice separate file Outlook 2015 for Mac. It is little over 200MB and it is not part of the MS Office package as Microsoft is still woking on the update/ upgrade to MS Office for Mac.
An overhauled version of Office, which includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote, will be available for Mac users as a public beta in the first half of 2015 while Microsoft is targeting the second half of 2015 for the commercial release. So for now you should be and I can tell confirm that you will be happy with the great changes in Outlook 2015 for Mac. Finally a software that is usable and has same feature as its Windows counterpart. Currently running on my Mac for last few days and must say what a fresh change ! Thank you Microsoft.
Microsoft says the new version of Outlook for Mac delivers:
- Better performance and reliability as a result of a new threading model and database improvements.
- A new modern user interface with improved scrolling and agility when switching between Ribbon tabs.
- Online archive support for searching Exchange (online or on-premises) archived mail.
- Master Category List support and enhancements delivering access to category lists (name and color) and sync between Mac, Windows and OWA clients.
- Office 365 push email support for real-time email delivery.
- Faster first-run and email download experience with improved Exchange Web Services syncing.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
So if you have business Office 365 subscription or consumer Office 365 – both have now the Outlook 2015 for Mac available. Try it out, you will be pleased with the interface and changes.