Microsoft was very busy in last months as new lines of products are being released as preview:
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Project Server 2013
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- Microsoft Project Professional 2013
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013
As you may see a lot of new stuff is coming upon us:-) All IT geek will get busy with evaluating these new products and new features, changes and so on. So I have signed up and received download of Microsoft Office365 Preview and played around with all applications. There is a big change in the colors, the ribbon menu is in capital letters for some reason, some new features. Personally I like new Outlook 2013, One Note 2013 and Excel 2013 since these are 3 Microsoft Office applications that I am using almost daily among others tools. I must say that setup Microsoft Outlook 2013 with Microsoft Exchange 2007 email was very simple and easy and I was up and running almost in no time. However I have to say that the installation of the Microsoft Office 2013 Preview took me a long time. Also I should mention that in order to install this new Microsoft Office365 Preview on your computer must be at least Windows® 7, Windows 8 or Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, you wont be able to install it on Windows XP.
Office 365 ProPlus Preview includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher, and Lync. You will be able to preview Office 365 ProPlus applications and manage up to 25 users with a preview account.
- Fast streaming installation on up to 5 computers per user
- Runs side-by-side with your existing Office programs
- Integrates with in-house email and collaboration solutions
- Your settings stay with you when you move to a different computer
- Flexible deployment – use the cloud or your own infrastructure
Here are some screen shots I have taken while I was playing with the new edition.
Installation of Microsoft Office 2013 Preview
Microsoft Excel 2013 Preview
Microsoft One Note 2013 Preview
Microsoft Outlook 2013 Preview
Have a look and try for yourself 🙂