I am trying to install a client computer with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. This is a new machine with all patches and fixes installed as well as Windows XP SP3 is in place and latest Framework .Net 3.0 SP1. I clicked on the installation setup file and started the installation. Installation process quickly run trough the machine and determinate the requirements for the install.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 requires you have on the machine:
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0
- Microsoft Dexterity Shared Components 10.0
- Microsoft Application Error Reporting 11.0
When I clicked on Install .. I got all green check marks except the Microsoft Dexterity Shared Components item. Therefore the installation has failed. As I have researched the issue is with the presence of Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 SP1 and .NET framework 3-3.5 SP1 on the machine.
To be able install the Microsoft Dynamics GP on this machine these steps must be taken:
- Go to ADD/REMOVE
- Locate the .NET framework 3/3.5 as well as SP1 and uninstall from the machine
- You should have only .NET framework 2.0 present
- Reboot the computer
- Re-run the installation, now you should be able to install the MS Dynamics GP on the computer