Another frustration came today after new patches have been installed from Microsoft monthly update … What was normal before now is an issue. Microsoft Outlook 2007 is now blocking my attachments because apparently they are suddenly unsafe.
Well, here are two solutions to your problem:
For the geeks:
- Close your Outlook and got to START > RUN and type regedit
- Make sure you perform quick Registry backup before you start making changes = IMPORTANT !!
- Once backed up … navigate to this location
- Create a new String Value called Level1Remove
- Double click on the new String Value you have created and add values
- You can now add the file extensions you do not want to block such as [ .exe;.html;.bat ]
- Click on Save and exit Registry, restart your Outlook
Microsoft KB can be found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829982
For the rest of users:
I have found very cool FREE tool that will help you to bypass this steps with registry editing. Simple download, DONATE, install the tool and once you open the tool you can simply check the file extension you need unblock and restart your Outlook.
The tool is called OutlookTools and can be found here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/products/outlooktools.htm
Good Luck !