Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is now available and has many new and great features. You should try it out. Here is just simple how to install Microsoft SQL 2012 server on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Server Core in in few easy steps 🙂 I will install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database engine, integration services and connectivity features.
- Log on to the Windows Server 2008 R2 Core server with your domain credentials
- Make sure that the media with SQL 2012 server is available
- In command prompt change to the drive with the media
- Confirm that you are in the drive with media and can list files on media
- Now in command prompt type this command:
# Make sure you type in your DOMAINYOUR_USER_ACCOUNT :-) Setup.exe /qs /Action=install /Features=SQLEngine,IS,Conn /InstanceName=MSSQLServer /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="DOMAINUSER" /IAcceptSQLServerLicenseTerms
Give it few minutes to complete, once completed just log off from the Core server 🙂