Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® allows you to use Microsoft Outlook® 2003, 2007 and 2010 effectively with Google Apps. You get the cost savings, security and reliability of Google Apps, while employees can use the interface they prefer for email, contacts and calendar. It is only available to paid Google Apps customers so if you run Google Apps Standard you will not have access to this tool. This tool is very easy to setup with wizard and just following up simple steps. Once installed and configured, you will be able to fully sync your Google Apps for Business mail with your Outlook client in real time and it also included sync of your calendar events, contacts.
Here are steps to install and configure the Google Apps Sync for Outlook:
- Click on setup.exe and start the installation
- Once installation started, you will see shortly this screen
- Enter your Google Apps email address and your password
- Click CONTINUE
- I do not want to import my emails from PST so I am clicked on Show Advanced Settings Tab
- Check box next to Turn Auto-Archive off and click Create Profile
- Now your profile will be created locally on your computer
- Click on Start Microsoft Outlook button
- Your Microsoft Outlook 2010 will open
- Once Outlook is ready you should see this screen with progress on sync with Google Apps for Business
- You can UNCHECK the box next to Open this window when MS Outlook starts – you will just disable this popup not functionality
- Shortly you should see first message confirmation in Outlook inbox
- Your emails are getting synchronized and Outlook will be shortly populated with all your data from Google Apps
As you can see this was very easy and simple to setup on your computer and it works flawlessly. Now you have enterprise email system in place same as you would have with MS Exchange. All your contacts, calendars and emails are sync in real time and you can updated all of them from your web console, Outlook or your smart phone such as iPhone, BlackBerry, Droid or Windows 7 … all phones are supported.