You re running some troubleshooting on your network connected to Active Directory and have questions like:
- which Domain Controller authenticated user on the current machine
- which Domain Controller server Group Policy for the current user
- which domain controller you are connected to and want to see the how client computer see Domain Controllers
Here are the answers:
- Simple open Windows+R, type cmd and run command
You will get output like \\ServerName that authenticated the current user on the machine.
- Get the info which server has served the GPO for current user
Here you will get all the info about applied GPO and group membership of the user in AD
- You want to find out which DC is connected to your machine and how the client machine sees other Domain Controllers run this command
You will see on first line name of Domain Controller you are connected to as well as see a list of other available domain controllers in Active Directory.