As we all know by now, Microsoft is releasing every 2nd Tuesday in month the Security Bulletin with patches that are required to protect your Microsoft Windows fleet of computers on your network. You can wait till Microsoft publish the bulletin on its Security TechCenter and pull report manually , export to Excel or you can use this handy PowerShell script that creates nice formatted document with all patches, CVEs for your internal use. It is much better format and simple to read and access all available information around those patches.
What do I need to do:
- Go to https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/developer
- Sign-in with your account or register
- Generate API key
- Go to GitHub repo and download the PowerShell Script
- Once you have it, open it in editor and on line: Set-MSRCApiKey -ApiKey – enter your generated API key
- Save it
Before you can run the script these steps you need to do:
- Install MSRCSecurityUpdates module
PowerShell> Find-Module msrcsecurityupdates PowerShell> Install-Module msrcsecurityupdates -force PowerShell> Import-Module msrcsecurityupdates
Now you are ready to run the script and generate nice html formatted document/report with latest Microsoft Security Bulletin for this month.