Drivers are an important part of the system. They act as intermediaries between the system, and the hardware devices. They interpret the signals, and facilitate communication between the system and the devices. Without proper drivers, the devices either won’t work properly, or won’t work at all.
Generally, the drivers come on a CD/DVD, with the hardware devices. As an alternative, they can also be downloaded from the hardware manufacturer’s site, and that’s the best place to download the drivers, or their newer versions. However lately you can see that the new machines do not come with recovery media or drivers on CD/DVD. You are required to make the recovery set and backup drivers so you can restore your machine latter back to default.
I have discovered in last few weeks very simple portable utility Double Driver that can make your life easier when you rebuild your machine and need to install all the drivers. Double Driver is simple, very reliable utility that allows you to backup all drivers on the machine and latter to restore them back. It will save you a lot of time to search for drivers and download from the manufacture website. Double Driver has some good features:
- List, save, and print drivers details
- Backup drivers from current Windows
- Backup drivers from non-live/non-booting Windows
- Backup drivers to structured folders, compressed (zipped) folder, and self-extracting capability
- Restore drivers from previous backup
- Available in GUI and CLI application
- Portable (no installation required)
It is very simple to use. Here is download link for the Double Driver.