Here I am again with GNU Linux Debian 6 currently joined to Active Directory on Small Business Server 2008 with LikeWise tool. Well, now I have installed MediaWiki 1.7.x version on Debian 6 and we have needs to have our users to use same credentials for logging on to MediaWiki as we used across the network in Active Directory. So here are the steps what you need to do to easy integrate the authentication to Active Directory on Microsoft Small Business Server 2008.
Once you have your MediaWiki 1.7.x installed and configured on Debian 6 you will need 2 items to complete the authentication to Active Directory:
- install php5-ldap on your system
su apt-get install php5-ldap
- Download and untarbar MediaWiki LDAP Authentication extension
- Once you have downloaded the file, unzip it into /var/www/wiki/extensions folder (This is my install directory you may have different)
- You will get 3 files LdapAuthentication.i18n.php,LdapAuthentication.php and LdapAutoAuthentication.php
- now just complete the last step — make changes in your LocalConfig.php file by adding this part to the end of the file, make sure you change in the file the name of Active Directory domain to yours .. in my case (for this blog) my AD domain on SBS 2008 has this info: server name is sbs.london.local and domain name is london.local – noted the info in file
# Enable LDAP Authentication require_once( "$IP/extensions/LdapAuthentication.php" ); $wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin(); $wgLDAPDomainNames = array( "london.local" ); $wgLDAPServerNames = array( "london.local" => "sbs.london.local" ); $wgLDAPSearchStrings = array( "london.local" => "london\USER-NAME" ); $wgLDAPEncryptionType = array( "london.local" => "clear" ); $wgLDAPUseLocal = false; $wgMinimalPasswordLength = 1; $wgLDAPBaseDNs = array( "london.local" => "dc=london,dc=local" ); $wgLDAPSearchAttributes = array( "london.local" => "sAMAccountName" ); $wgLDAPRetrievePrefs = array( "london.local" => "true" ); $wgLDAPDebug = 3; //for debugging LDAP $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; //for debugging MediaWiki
Now you should restart your Apache2 server /etc/init.d/apache2 restart and once server restarted go to your browser and try access MediaWiki in my case http://localhost/wiki, click on login and now you should noticed that your domain london.local apepras in login screen so you will use same credentials as on your Windows machine to log on to MediaWiki.