Here is simple command line that works on Windows XP/VISTA/Windows 7, if you are in need to get the serial number aka TAG from remote computer on your network.
- Go to START / RUN and type CMD click OK
- now type in this command :
- wmic /user:Administrator /node:Computername bios get serialnumber
- Once you press ENTER, you will be prompted for your Administrator password
- Enter the Administrator’s password, press ENTER and you will receive the serial number aka TAG from the remote computer
Noted that this does not work very well on current Windows 10 machines. However here is easy replacement to achieve same goal with PowerShell :-):
For Locale computer:
For Remote computer:
Get-WmiObject win32_bios -computername PC001
This will provide you with detail information about BIOS on the local/remote machine:
- Serial Number
Have fun !