You are trying to build your lab on VMware Fusion installed on your Apple Mac Book Pro laptop. You have downloaded latest build Windows Server 2016 EVAL DVD from the Microsoft site and you are now trying to install new virtual machine from this iso image in VMWare Fusion Pro.
It start loading and suddenly you are presented with error message and installation stops:
Windows Cannot Find The Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation
There is easy fix that works not only for VMWare Fusion, Workstation but also for Microsoft Hyper-v installation as you will get same error on all those platforms. Problem can be easy fixed – it is caused by the installation method.
VMWare Fusion Pro:
- Open the VMware Fusion console
- Select + New
- Select in the bottom of the window Create a Custom Virtual Machine
- Follow up next few steps and you are good to go
- Select I will Install Operating System Later
- Make sure you assign at least 700MB of RAM and Dynamic Use of Memory for this machine is check