MS Outlook 2007 will not open when you click on the icon. It will start up and opens the splash screen but then you will receive a pop up window with message: “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.” Same will happen even if you try to open the Outlook in safe mode. Here are 2 solutions that have worked nicely for me today.
- Click on Start
- Click on Run
- In the Run box type: outlook.exe /resetnavpane
- Click OK
- Outlook should now start
Your Outlook should open as usual without additional task required. However, if you are the unlucky one and the error still exist, you should follow up solution #2.
- Visit this Microsoft KB article here
- Click on the button FIX it
- Download the MSI package on your desktop
- Double click on the downloaded package and follow the installation wizard
- Once completed, click on MS Outlook icon
- Outlook will open and you will receive a popup to type in a new name for profile
- Type in your profile in my case I have typed roman and OK
- Outlook will recreate the profile in Outlook and all works
I hope this helps.