There is actually easy way to get your business email address on BlackBerry from Exchange 2007 on SBS 2008. You have to just sign in to your BIS.YourServiceProvider.BlackBerry.com and configure the email account for your device.
BlackBerry BIS services:
Once you signed in:
- Click on the button Set Up Account
- Enter the business email address and your password for the account on Exchange and click NEXT
- You will get message “We are unable to configure the email…“, select “I will provide the settings to add this email account” and click NEXT
- Select “This is my work email Account” and click NEXT
- In next screen select Outlook Web Access, and make sure you click next to “I can access my email account using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access)” and click NEXT
Now is the important screen
- Outlook Web Access URL: https://remote.DOMAIN.com/owa
- User Name : johnd
- Password : ********
- Email Address: John.Doe@DOMAIN.com
- Mailbox Name: johnd (same as the User Name)
Once you have entered the correct info, click NEXT, if all is correct you should get a message window that says: “You have successfully added: John.Doe@DOMAIN.com“. Shortly you will get a new mail icon on your BlackBerry and getting emails from the Exchange server. The great part is that now you can send email from the business email address from BlackBerry and you have all emails (sent/received) in one place. Also now you have separated the personal email from business — which is great for management of your email.
So this solved my business email issue, I have now separated personal email from business. Calendar and contacts will be synced latter as I have to charge the BlackBerry anyway while at the desktop